- IntroductionA. Introduce Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and its background.B. Thesis – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has been stylized in in a way that allows for liberties in how things move and behave in order to achieve the desired effects
- Inertia and accelerationA. Law of Inertia is often ignored, and objects and characters frequently accelerate and decelerate unrealistically.B. Officer Earl's head and body movements while he scolds flint provide a very good example of this.C. Somersaults to catch jaywalkerD. Used to make characters and objects interesting to watch
- Nonsensical forcesA. Forces generated out of nowhere with no cause.B. Once again, Office Earl's somersaults behave this way – forces push him up and down quicker than they normally would.C. This is done to add character to jumps or other actions and to give scenes some extra effectD. Forces keep characters in positions that wouldn't normally be maintainable – the running animations, for example.E. Such anomalies are ignored by the audience because the world is already presented as one where such things are commonplace.
- Damage to characters and physical collisionsA. Damage and collisions don't work the way they would in the real worldB. Samantha Sparks hit's Flint pretty hard when she meets him in the beginning. This should normally cause a lot of bodily damage.C. Falling from heights does no damage – such as when Flint falls off of the giant jello structureD. This is done to keep the film from ending prematurely, for comedic effect, and to keep it palatable to the audience
- ConclusionA. These “mistakes” were all done on purpose to enhance the productB. Moments and characters are pushed using these techniques